Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Falling

They walk, they run, and then they fall....  My brave little girls just get up and go again.  They've mastered the skills of climbing up the stairs and sliding back down, and then they decide to start walking down the steps.  Kayla did a graceful three-turn-summersault the other day down the stairs landing head first.  She cried, mommy's heart ached.  Kari fell abruptly down the stairs yesterday and got her head wedged between the gate and the bottom step.  Her body distorted, her neck bent, her legs up in the air, she looked at me rushing to the scene and said, "Help me...help me..."  My poor baby didn't even cry, mommy heart aches every time.  They'll fall then they'll learn that the world is full of dangers.  I suppose that's how we all learn about this world, by falling.  But we all learn to get up again.  I'll always be by your side, KK.

No comments:

Post a Comment