Monday, March 4, 2013

Headshots


I told the little girls that I needed to take their passport photos.  Kari would hold up two hands in front of her head and giggle at those words, "passport photos?! Like this?!" I am pretty pleased with the result after they were done making funny faces at Mommy.

Poor baby has had toothache since her dental treatment.  She cried inconsolably with the pain as she tried to show us the tooth that hurt.  No more candy!! I scolded them decisively.  Kari tilted her little head with tears still circling around her pretty little eyes, "...until Halloween, right?"  She refuses to give up her full right to sugar.  Afraid that her teeth would hurt with the hot soup, her grandma had the waitress take away the soup.  She protested sternly, "I told you my teeth doesn't hurt anymore, do you not remember?!!(你不記得嗎)" 

I have to remind myself... they are only four years old..

At night the girls would start out sleeping on their baby couch and baby car bed.  Kari asked last night when she could come up to our bed for some cuddling.  I told her that I would bring her up after she fell asleep.  Silence pursued for about twenty minutes, and I happily thought that perhaps the girls fell asleep early today.  Suddenly a little voice broke the silence, "May I go up now? (什麼時候可以上喫丫?)A little surprised that she was still awake, I replied, "I said when you fall asleep honey."

Little voice sounded disappointed, "but I fell asleep earlier already, and you didn't bring me..."


No comments:

Post a Comment